Sunday, March 23, 2014

Daffodil Hill


Today was Stake Conference, and as a result it was a rare Sunday that Brett didn't have any meetings for church, so we decided that it was a perfect day to go on a little ride and picnic to Daffodil Hill in the foothills.  It was a beautiful day, so after conference, we packed up our lunch an we were on our way.  Lynda (Grandma Stewart) and Aunt Mo were visiting with us this weekend, so it was fun to have them come along.  The drive was a bit longer than expected, as I am pretty sure that everyone in Northern CA had the same idea.  It was so crowded.  When we finally arrived, we were all starving, so we had a picnic in the car.  Then we were off to see the daffodils.  It was really pretty to walk around and see the flowers, but my favorite part of the day was taking family pictures.  I have to say that the boys most definitely wouldn't agree with me, but I love the end result of having our family memories captured in a photograph.  We had so much fun going back through the pictures and laughing, because with a family of 6, 4 of whom are boys who don't want their picture taken, it is hard to get a picture where everyone is smiling and ready. 




1 fabulous comments:

Allison said...

What a fun day. I love daffodils, they are my favorite spring flower!