Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life is just too busy sometimes....

Here's the honest to goodness truth...4 kids makes life crazy! Now I am not complaining, because I love each of my boys and I feel so blessed to be their Mom, but someone once told me that if you can have 3 kids, then you can have 10 and it's not much different...uh, yeah right!

4 kids =
more busy me, more crazy house, more noise, more laundry, more dishes, more cleaning, more worrying (after all, this is me, remember?), more food preparation, more trips to the Dr.' s office, more exhaustion, less time crafting, less time blogging, less time shopping (Aah, remember the good old days when shopping was fun?!).

But, 4 kids also equals more love, more joy, more fun, more smiles, more hugs, more kisses, and more funny stories to tell.

So, now that I have a minute, I thought that I better get caught up on this little blog of mine.



First off, Ethan was 8 months. At 8 months, he started eating cheerios and biter biscuits. He is also quite mobile. However, instead of crawling, he still just rolls everywhere. It's amazing to me how fast he can go and now that he is on the move, I am a basket case making sure that he isn't getting into things that he shouldn't. Also between 7 and 8 months, Ethan has started giving me giant, wet, slobbery kisses. It makes me laugh and melts my heart. I love that kid!




Now Ethan is 9 months. In fact, Ethan had his 9 month check up today. At 9 months, Ethan has hit another first...his first ear infection. :( The poor boy has been sick for the past month with RSV. He was having some wheezing issues, that we are still trying to get under control. We started referring to him as baby Darth Vader. While he has shown some improvement, the wheezing is still present, and now he is on meds to calm down the inflammation in his lungs and he's on antibiotics for the ear infection and we're feeding the boy like crazy to bulk him up. (He didn't gain much if any weight, so the Dr was a little concerned. He thinks that it is a result of him being sick for so long). So we are really hoping for some improvement quickly for this little guy. Also another first for Ethan today, he waved at the Dr.. Too cute! He is such a fun little boy.

And last, but not least, meet my new buddy! She is going to help whip me into shape and help me train to run a 5k. Don't laugh.....I know I am the ultimate non-runner, but I think I can do it. If I can make the time to hang with her.

The boys think she's pretty cool too!





So Erik jumps on there and just like that, the kid runs a mile! What?! He is going to run the 5k with me, should be fun!

Well, that is all I have time for for now. I need to go mop the floor, because last night Austin spilled his apple juice on the floor, and now we have a sticky patch the size of Lake Tahoe in the middle of the kitchen (OK, so it's closer to the size of a small pond, but, it's sticky none the less.) *SIGH!*

3 fabulous comments:

Allison said...

Oh my goodness, that is a lot going on at one time! I hope Ethan gets feeling better, that is not fun for anyone. I love that he gives kisses (and that we got to see that when we were out there!) Good luck with the treadmill and training for the 5K, I decided I am going to run one as well. Wish we could do it together!

Muriel said...

I hate spills on the floor! Especially apple juice. I have a friend just like yours! I am training for a 5K in May (although I am on a small break because I just dropped my pizza stone on my big toe a couple days ago). I am the biggest non-runner out there, so I know you can do it. I'd love to trade progress with you. I am following the Couch to 5K plan and using a podcast by Robert Ullrey from itunes. (http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/page4.html) Good luck! You can do it!

Melanie said...

Muriel, I just found that program on google and thought that looked like a good way to build up to it. Let's definitely trade progress and thanks for the link I will check it out! Go non-runners!