Friday, March 5, 2010

A little craft to share....


I made this little craft several weeks ago and I am just now getting around to sharing it here on my blog. This is the Theme for the Young Men and Young Women this year. My friend sent me this link and I knew that I wanted to make something similar to display in my home. I love to have scriptures and spiritual inspiration throughout my home. So even though I am no longer serving in Young Women's and I don't have any boys in Young Men's (yet) I love this scripture and I wanted to make this to remind us to "Be strong and of good courage".

I just cut a 2 x 4 down to the following dimensions:

2 small blocks 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"

middle block 3 1/2" x 7"


Here is the pattern for the paper flower.

and the instructions.

Very fun and easy project!

4 fabulous comments:

Allison said...

So cute! I loved these when we were at your house. I really want to start making some crafts, maybe one of these days I will get to the craft store!

Rebecca said...

One word . . . ADORABLE! Love it!
What a great message. You've done it again. Very cute idea!

Amber said...

i just came across your blog and there are so many cute things you've inspired me to try. thanks. I know you posted your "Proclamation" board a year ago but I was wondering if you would still be willing or able to email the file? thanks.

fishkisses81@gmail.com

Brooklyn said...

Hi Melanie!
I'm glad you found me on Facebook. It's been a long time. You are still just as beautiful as I remember you! And 4 boys! Fun! We have 3 girls. It's been fun too!
Take care,
Brooke (Elggren)